Most Trusted Places To Buy Used Cameras and Lenses?

TheTickTockMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After talking to a YouTuber and getting over my fear of buying used I now agree buying used can be a good way to save money. The YouTuber I talked with said to just make sure to buy from reputable companies that have great warranties/exchanges/refunds. He mentioned Adorama and B&H and I figure buying direct from the manufacturer would be fine as well, but are there others you would place on this list?

Thanks.

I bought a Nikon D5600 for my school.
It has a front focusing issue. The D5600 does not have AF fine tune.
KEH took it back and replaced it, no questions or problems. 👍

Any of these are great sources but don’t forget about your local old school camera store if you still have one in town.

Any of these are great sources but don’t forget about your local old school camera store if you still have one in town.

I don't think they deal in used items, but yes I plan to check them out when buying.

When I still had a local camera shop, I did my shopping for old film cameras there.
There is something about being able to feel the camera in your hand.
The other thing that you cannot do over the internet is to feel how smooth or not, and light or TIGHT the zoom ring is. You can only do that with the lens in your hand.

MPB gives the best deals on used gear to sell. I bought a used Nikon Z7II from them with the FTZ adapter and couldn't be happier. I would never ever, ever do business with either Adorama or KEH again...they're just screw jobbers. I have bought some used gear from B&H with no negative issues. I generally buy most of my new gear from B&H, a customer since 1999.

OK, sorry....

Great image! Is this a montage of three separate shots - the same bird?

Another recommendation for KEH. Great group and you can trust the ratings they give to their gear.
I bought a supposedly new lens from them and when I got it, it had pretty remarkable fungus on the back lens elements. I called them and told them I want them to replace the lens and they gave me all kinds of run-around about me going from too warm and environment to too cold and that caused the fungus...what BS. Finally, I just returned the lens and got a refund.

After talking to a YouTuber and getting over my fear of buying used I now agree buying used can be a good way to save money. The YouTuber I talked with said to just make sure to buy from reputable companies that have great warranties/exchanges/refunds. He mentioned Adorama and B&H and I figure buying direct from the manufacturer would be fine as well, but are there others you would place on this list?

Thanks.
I always try to shop local. If you are in the Long Beach Lakewood area of California try Tuttle Camera.

I always try to shop local. If you are in the Long Beach Lakewood area of California try Tuttle Camera.

Most reactions

Back