MotoCross in the Dark (northern Sweden)

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not my best, or most prolific session, by any means but here are a few shots from today's winter event (they are held about once a month) close to where I live. The first round was from 14:00 - 15:00 and the second one was scheduled for 17:00 - 18:00 I think (I went home after the first round) but as the sun sets at 14:30 you can see why they need headlamps ...

buss001.jpg

buss002.jpg

buss003.jpg

buss004.jpg

buss005.jpg

buss006.jpg

buss007.jpg

Wow. Good panning in low light! I applaud you on focussing so right in that low light!
I must say that my favourite ALSO is the third. I really like that one (though it is the only "non-panning" photo). I do appreciate your ability to pan right, though, too!!!

Yes i agree with Corinna, you did a great job in low light conditions :thumbup:

Thanks everyone :) I used an external flash for the forest shots but the first 3 are without. I am glad people like nr 3, it was actually a mistake (zoom out from 17 - 70mm without changing settings = absence of light) but I lightened it up very slightly in PS and decided it would do to show how cold and dark it was ;-)

# 3 is also my favorite,where in Sweden were these taken ? in 2005 i rode my motorbike across Norway and up the Swedish coast to Kerkenes and then back down the Artic Highway through Norway very expensive but fantastic we only saw snow in Norway

Yeah i agree with the good focusing in low light,
looks like alot of fun haha :)

Gary : the pics were taken at a track about 15km from Umeå which is a city of 110 000 inhabitants on the east cost of Sweden, 600km north of Stockholm. Sounds like a nice motorbike trip you made, I'd love to travel more around Scandinavia but as you say, it is expensive ...

Gary : the pics were taken at a track about 15km from Umeå which is a city of 110 000 inhabitants on the east cost of Sweden, 600km north of Stockholm. Sounds like a nice motorbike trip you made, I'd love to travel more around Scandinavia but as you say, it is expensive ...

We went through there, first night we stayed at a lovely couples house at Mora, my partner was asking me on the boat where are we heading for i said Mora and they heard me and said you must come and stay with use, The second day we left after dinner because they were so hospitable and slept at Sundsvall on the hill above the football stadium, and the last night was at a small place called Kalix between Lulea and Kemi then up through Roveniemi, Ivalo

I have friends in Mora too :) Have actually never been further north than Luelå, must rectify that ...

I have friends in Mora too :) Have actually never been further north than Luelå, must rectify that ...

I think it was on the road to Roveniemi Finland that the road suddenly opened up and we were on an emergency runway for the Finnish airforce, some Finnish sports bike riders came past i chased them but we were on a BMWGS but we caught them on thye twisties and ended up stop by a lake and making them a cup of tea, loads of photos here but i didn,t take many in Sweden and Finland only poin and shoot don't take DSLR on bike trips http://gsgary.smugmug.com/gallery/635284_2uoTh/1/27049596_GqNFC

Most reactions

New Topics

Back