Reaction score
Website
capturethetime.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_4903_4_5_tonemappedbw.jpg

at: Black and White mountain landscapes | Time Capture a lot of other pictures

I hope you'd like it

This was clearly a pretty good exposure to begin with. But I think the final image is too mid-tone-centered, and it prevents the shot from being visually engaging. There just aren't enough things going on in the frame- not enough different qualities of light.

I was confused when I initially looked at the picture because there aren't a lot of eccentric tones.

Top of the mountains gets totally (ok, mostly) lost in the sky.

There is also a bright spot (center bottom) that is annoying. It may be natural but it is still annoying.

thanks you all for the comments and critics!
The bw balance in this picture was difficult for me.
If you could help me please.
If someone wanna try to mod the pics and show me the result to let me see how to improve it, I'm thankful

thanks you all for the comments and critics!
The bw balance in this picture was difficult for me.
If you could help me please.
If someone wanna try to mod the pics and show me the result to let me see how to improve it, I'm thankful

I'm sure several of us would be happy to try our hand at it, but it's hard to edit a photo you've already edited. If you have an original, that would be helpful.

grazie

Hi there EightyFive,
Not so much posting critique but more to comment on the cloud in both the above shot and a few on your blog.
I like the dark sky with 'fluffy white clouds' look....stormy or sunny

Can I ask what, if any filters you used please?

It's probably a safe assumption to say you used a polarizer but I've been wrong before?......a few of my own shots with that look were taken using a #003 Red filter and often, but not always, a polarizer

My tuppenceworth on the above shot would tend to agree with the other posts after them having been pointed out......that very light area c.cloudwalker mentioned front-centre is definitely in need of a little adjustment though.

You are really lucky to have access to such great vistas and panoramas :thumbup:

Best Regards, Andy

Hi Esskie! Thanks a lot for your long comment..
I've used a GND Kood P filter with P holder in front of my Tokina 11-16 and I've used the bracketing with -1|+1 EV exposures.
Sorry again for my not so perfect english.. I hope to have understood right your questions!
If you've other question I'm here.

Nice picture of the nature, but I have t agree.
I think you have to focus on something mountains, sky, close or remote landscape and make it darker than everything else.

Make more contrast - it will look much better

Yes, it is a nice try and I really appreciate your work, It is natural picture, I would say that how did you get this wonderful moment to capture it. It is really awesome. You just need to make it bit lighter so that it can be more visible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back