Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Kimchi, Nov 18, 2008.
wayyy to many pics... but at a quick glance.. 1-4 do nothing for me... they kinda look like they were shot in auto mode... 5 is ok... 6 is kinda meh...7 is cute, 8 is meh.. i know these arent proper CC which give direction.. but you can expect good CC when you post so many pictures
I pretty much agree with everything chris just said. All in all, I would say there a reckless abuse of depth of field going on. Like #1, the tree is sharp but your subject (the person) is ruthlessly out of focus. Unless you're doing macro, having something sharp and everything look like image soup is usually unappealing. Stop down, or back away from the tree, or have the gir get closer to the tree so she's closer to the subject plane.
really nice pictures. love the shots.
I like the shots, I would in the first picture focus on the person instead of the tree, but if that was what you were going for then cool.
1. Eh...not feeling it. The tree just isn't an interesting focus point.
2. There doesn't seem to be any obvious point of focus.
3. Too centered. Also, try using "shade" white balance to warm up the tones.
4. Getting better. I'd have framed her a little more to the left to have a bit of space on the right and also used fill flash as she is a bit dark in the scene.
5. It's alright, good focus and depth of field.
6. Some interesting geometry here, but I'd like to see it less centered.
7. This is the strongest one of the bunch. Nice gesture, good focus, well isolated from the background, which is nicely blurred.
8. Interesting, not sure about this one.
Separate names with a comma.