My Best Friend in Chicago

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week I visited my best friend Vinnie for about a week in Illinois. He lives a little less than an hour South of Chicago. This is my third time visiting this year, but the first time that we were able to make it into the city. We just spent the afternoon walking around and taking some not-so-serious photos. There is no intended consistency regarding the editing, I just sort of did what I wanted with each individual shot rather than trying to make a matching set of images.

Canon 5D MKIII, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 lens, available light.
364A9186 copy.jpg

364A9311 copy.jpg

364A9179 copy.jpg

364A9243 copy.jpg

364A9219 copy.jpg

364A9142 copy.jpg

364A9205 copy.jpg

364A9418 copy.jpg

364A9396 copy.jpg

364A9350 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Great set! Glad you're able to visit regularly.

My favorite is the first one! I love those background lights and the casual feel.

I didn't know Vinnie is into photography! Of all the shots I've seen of him, these are the first where he's been with a camera.

Also: I'll trouble him for that sweater! :heartpump: It's a beauty!

Very nice set, difficult to pick favourites but No.1 and 4 for me.

Last week I visited my best friend Vinnie for about a week in Illinois. He lives a little less than an hour South of Chicago. This is my third time visiting this year, but the first time that we were able to make it into the city. We just spent the afternoon walking around and taking some not-so-serious photos. There is no intended consistency regarding the editing, I just sort of did what I wanted with each individual shot rather than trying to make a matching set of images.

Canon 5D MKIII, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 lens, available light.
View attachment 269603

View attachment 269592

View attachment 269602

View attachment 269600

View attachment 269597

View attachment 269595

View attachment 269590

View attachment 269591

View attachment 269604

View attachment 269599
Great set! And almost all were my favorites!:sentimental:

Great set! Glad you're able to visit regularly.

My favorite is the first one! I love those background lights and the casual feel.

I didn't know Vinnie is into photography! Of all the shots I've seen of him, these are the first where he's been with a camera.

Also: I'll trouble him for that sweater! :heartpump: It's a beauty!
Thanks Terrie. That is my favorite as well. Now that I'm back home, that picture especially makes me miss my best friend.

Yep, that's actually how we met in a way. He does landscape, travel, and nature photography mostly, and before I met him he was shooting for a small company based out of state. That company needed photos of their photographer, so they hired me to photograph Vinnie. He and I hadn't met before that shoot, but we became very quick friends regardless.
Lol, everyone who see's him in that sweater wants to steal it from him!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back