My cat lays on everything!

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
... within a minute or two of putting something down - whether it's a blanket, a book, a box of 12 donuts, or even if you've just brought the mail in, my cat will lay on it.

I had to snap this shot a few minutes ago though because the sunlight through the skylights hit super nicely (I thought), and she was laying on something pretty colorful, I just liked how it looked!

Yup, that's a cat. Every.Time.
Yesterday I was getting dressed - I took my skirt out of the closet, put it on the bed, turned around to grab a cardigan from the closet, turned back around, and there was a cat on my skirt. It took 3 seconds.

Love the whiskers in the sun!

Yeah, that's the way it goes, they end up either on your clothing or in the closet.

I think they do that in order to judge "the look" of themselves lying on something. Everything.

At first I thought it had to be something of a contrasting color, but apparently the color really doesn't matter.

... and then they lay there high n mighty with the look that just says "conquered".

... and then they lay there high n mighty with the look that just says "conquered".

Or they look all innocent.
"What? What did I do? I'm just sitting here, sheesh!"

"Just helping you unpack, what's the big deal?"
20150614_231304.jpg

I think their first attraction to a particular object is that you are paying attention to it. "Why are you interested in that piece of cloth/keyboard/TV remote (!), when you should be interested in ME??"

^This.

Zoe has taken to laying on the mouse pad . . . and the mouse . . . and my hand.

Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

^This.

Zoe has taken to laying on the mouse pad . . . and the mouse . . . and my hand.
One of my cats, Maxwell, does this. He sneaks onto my large mouse pad, leaving me room to work. Then he slowly, inexorably inches over, until all his 14 pounds are covering my hand and mouse- all the while looking like "what, me? I'm not doing anything, just hangin' out..."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back