My Favorite 10 Pictures of 2017

Thanks for narrowing it down to 10 for us. You make a lot of very nice images.
I imagine choosing just 10 was a chore.

Of these 10 #1 is easily my fav, and #8 ranks #2 for me.

Thanks for narrowing it down to 10 for us. You make a lot of very nice images.
I imagine choosing just 10 was a chore.

Of these 10 #1 is easily my fav, and #8 ranks #2 for me.
Thank you, Keith...much appreciated! As it turns out, #8 was the only handheld image of the bunch. Security wouldn't let me set up my tripod--even though I was standing on a public sidewalk. I realized that the law was on my side...and told the security guard as much...but decided in the end that it wasn't worth pushing the matter much further. It was bright outside and I was shooting at 14mm...so the handheld shot worked. I returned a little later and captured images of the building using my tripod--but the light wasn't as appealing.

Glenn

wonder who thought it was a good idea to make molten nightmare buildings? Philosophically to me that tells me that thats what happens when form wins over function. It tells me that how a thing makes me feel is more important than what it does for me.

wonder who thought it was a good idea to make molten nightmare buildings? Philosophically to me that tells me that thats what happens when form wins over function. It tells me that how a thing makes me feel is more important than what it does for me.
Gehry has been criticized for form over function--and its associated costs. As a photographer, I enjoy capturing pictures of interesting subjects--and it's hard to argue that his buildings aren't unusual!

Glenn

I keep coming back to view this thread and enjoy the images. Top notch work in every aspect, and, more importantly, just darn nice to look at.

This is a great set of 10 photos! Excellent work!!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back