My - Figure in the landscape - montage thread

JemRaid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Why montage? Well trying to get; the right location, the right day, the right weather and the right model to coincide is mostly impossible. I live in the UK and when posing outside one attracts the walkers, their pets and their children, otherwise known as sod's law.

I then chose to make self images, because I am always available to pose and I can relax doing it. Anyway that's my excuse :)

TP14.jpg

A footpath in the early summer as I walked past it I thought, 'there's a good place for a pose'.

J

Just my opinion but if (are you? A little confused.) you're going for the 'forest fairy' impression you should get yourself either some butterfly or fairy wings from amazon to complete the mood/pic because the bathing suit alone doesn't do it. Other than that, good spot, the ferns look real nice! Nice pic overall!

Hello K9Kirk,

Many thanks for the amusing comments and for your summing up, I'm grateful to you. The 'bathing suit' is a Leotard first made by M. Leotard an acrobat in the 1870's. It's a wonderful garment to wear giving one the freedom to pose in a reasonably flexible way without upsetting certain sections of the community by posing nude.

I make them myself, if you would like my PDF instructions to make your own I will gladly send them to you or anyone else who'd like them. They assume that the recipient has no knowledge of sewing, how to buy a machine and how to make your own pattern.

Cheers

J

Last edited:
A footpath in the early summer as I walked past it I thought, 'there's a good place for a pose'.
It is indeed! Your pose compliments the scene.

Hello Designer,

Many thanks for your perceptive comment, I did try a pose with my eyeline following the slope on the right downwards but that didn't work. I thought looking up might be counter intuitive so did a few of those poses but when I pasted this one in it looked just right.

Best wishes,

J

I think it's a pretty good composite.

Hello Derrel,

Many thanks for your nice comment I'm grateful to you.
I find all montage difficult after 40+ years of single images, it is at the same time the most difficult thing I've ever done and the most rewarding.

Best wishes

J

You demonstrate a lot of creative conceptual thinking--kudos to you. And if you were to pose nude (even in a demure pose) just start the post/thread out with NSFW and it will be posted in that restricted forum to protect tender eyes. And I agree--good composite.

Another interesting thing to do is the simple overlay in Photoshop. Sometimes simply overlaying an interesting photo onto one that shows it fairly large shape will create an interesting composition I did quite a few overlays in 2014,but have not Released Many.

Hello Joe,

Many thanks for perceptive comment. I do have some nude poses and have had some 'stick' from males who think that only women should pose nude while they as "superior males" should be behind the camera 'directing'. I do notice that there are some male nudes in the appropriate section here, that's one of the reasons I joined.

A nude pose in the image above formed part of a video that I sent to and was accepted by an art call for 'Art Undressed' in Florida. I will post the image in the that section soon. Thanks a lot for the encouragement.

Hello Derrel,

I do use the Overlay mode occasionally, I go through all the blend modes often to see what happens, sometimes they fail and I split an image into two or three parts and blend them separately. I often find that using Luminosity helps by picking up the colour from the Layer below.

I sill use the Pen tool to cut out figures despite Adobe coming up with 'new' ways of cutting stuff out. Sadly they will only work with high contrast images and fail utterly where the contrast is very low but easy for the eye to see. By the time I'd spent ages making corrections after using the others I might just as well have used the Pen tool.

Cheers

J

Most reactions

Back