My first flirt with an IR filter :)......>

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I woke up this morning to find an IR filter waiting for me...... finally got around to ordering one...... so naturally i went to the cem for an hour :mrgreen:

backdoor2.jpg

allchurch2.jpg

fro-stone.jpg

crosses.jpg

...... here i decided to take advantage of the long exposure, and give it a ghostly figure........ Bwhaaaaahaaa.....

ghost-ally.jpg

Thanks for lookin :sexywink:

wow love he last one
great picstures man, love them alot

Wow amazing picture! I love the long exposure one, very cool!

Why do my IR pictures always come out pink and not like this!? lol! Awesome set, I really like them.

Nice shots, I got my filter also but not really had a chance to have much of a play yet. So how did you get on? what sort of exposure times etc. What lens did you use? sorry for all the questions.

Thanks guys.......

Ken, I read through several online guids, just by googling 'IR Photography'..... and then went for what i thought the best combined advice from them.

It seemed to work pretty well for the first effort..... but does need tinkering... here's basically what i did;
With the filter on, set a custom white balence using an area of green grass (i had to use a 3-4 second exposure so the light passes through)...... then compose your image without the filter attached..... focus, compo etc..... when your happy re-attach the filter...... turn off autofocus..... then for me it was a bit of trial and error.... but for the most part my settings where f22 at around 6 seconds........ if the sun isnt strong then it can be anything from around 8-15 seconds....... if the sun is bright it can be 3-4 seconds...... just check the preview and histogram..... and bracket. I kept it on f22 throughout tho to make sure the focus was ok and exposure time could include some cool cloud movement.

For these i used both the 50mm 1.8 and the 18-55mm kit lens.

Brillliant shots Archy. The last is right on.:thumbup:

Great photos, Archangel, the last 2 are my favorites, cemeteries and IR are a great combination, next paycheck I'm getting an IR filter.

oh wow ... it looks fantastic ... I love this filter .. I must look for someone ..

Most reactions

Back