My first HDR...

emptypockets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After drooling over everyone else's HDR's, I finally decided to try it out for myself. The picture is of a historical marker near where I live. It was very windy on the day I took it, so the focus is off. Please C&C away!

HDR5.png

Its nice. But it would be better to practice on a better subject in a better time of day (evening?)

I would have to agree...it really doesn't appear to be HDR, rather a well exposed capture. But your heading in the right direction.

My issue with HDR images is that, as with this image, if there is any movement, they don't overlap properly. I can tell it's HDR due to the blurring in the leaves, there must've been a breeze while you shot the images.

Anyway, beyond that I agree with the others, you need more dramatic lighting for HDR, it's about capturing the full range of light, this image doesn't look like it would've needed the additional range that HDR offers.

Agreed with above - it looks like an HDR for the sake of doing an HDR, not because it was needed. Granted, I did that, too, when just starting out, but it's just kinda "blah."

My issue with HDR images is that, as with this image, if there is any movement, they don't overlap properly. I can tell it's HDR due to the blurring in the leaves, there must've been a breeze while you shot the images.

Anyway, beyond that I agree with the others, you need more dramatic lighting for HDR, it's about capturing the full range of light, this image doesn't look like it would've needed the additional range that HDR offers.

One can always do HDR with a single RAW for times when there is movement in the composition.

I don't think that is considered an HDR...but more like tone mapping....but I've been known to be wrong on many things.

Nah, it's HDR, at least to me. :)

I've seen arguments on "teh internets" about what is real HDR and what is not. I've seen some people say if it's not all RAW source images then even that isn't HDR. Of course I know that's not the case, since I used to use JPEG source images from the camera. Shooting RAW came later on for me.

Thanks for the comments and feedback. I agree that a well exposed single shot would've worked well in this scene too. But, I was pumped to try it out and this is the result. BTW, the wind was blowing about 20-30, so breezy is an understatement.

I actually plan to use HDR on some of the building shots I take, so movement will not be an issue. Thanks again for the ideas and feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back