My first picture for C&C

ezimon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi...
So after a month or so with my first SLR camera, I'm posting my first picture.

Please tell me what you think.

img_0008.jpg

IMO, composition is good, background is also good, but....its blownout, loss of colour and detail in the dragonfly and focus is either slightly off or there is slight camera shake.

Depth of field could also be a little deeper possibly, outer parts of the wings are losing too much detail for me.

So aside from the technical issues, it would have been a really good shot.

Not worthy of scrapping, but is worthy of a reshoot with those things in mind perhaps because for me the composition is good enough to justify a reshoot if possible.:thumbup:

Its a little blown out. if manual settings use a little less exposure. I think the comp is pretty good. It looks like the focal point is more on the back wing with a little shake. use a tripod and try to focus on the eyes. One more thing is it looks like a mid day shot. morning or afternoon is good to produce better lighting.

It looks like you might have been shooting in bright sunlight. Next time, try to find some shade, wait until the sun ducks behind a cloud, or just wait for an overcast day. That will help with the blown out areas, and the harshness of the light.

Thank you all for your comments.
You are all correct, the picture was taken in mid day and I need to remember taking my tripod with me :)

I agree with all the comments above. The biggest thing is the overexposure I think.

Welcome to the forum :) and great for you getting yor image posted for feedback, you will learn a lot this way!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back