My first post here! 10 day old infant (x10)

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I tentatively post here as this was my first stranger, paid session. I am still in the "portfolio building" pay arena, which is really just covering my gas and actual price of prints. (I'm offering 50% off the print prices while I get my feet wet). So, in any case... I thought I would be so nervous, but I felt ready. All shots were taken using all natural light. I had teh baby on a beanbag with a soft dark blanket. I have only processed these few that I want to put up tonite for her as a "sneak peak", so I wanted to get opinions first. I plan to put up about 25 I think overall. Does that seem right for a real session?

Anyway.. These poses are mostly cliche, mostly done a million times over.. but it was my first shot at it, so they feel special to me :blushing: CC always welcome :)
(do the shadows on 1 and 2 bother anyone? I liked the light ratio at the time, but now I'm wondering if the blanket was just casting too much of a shadow there..)
IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4874copy.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4868copy.jpg

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4847copy.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4843copy.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

IMG_4839copy.jpg

6. (no more pictures, please!)
IMG_4853.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4881copy.jpg

IMG_4896.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

11/
IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_4969copy.jpg

Last edited:
wow! i really like the shots (but then i'm new to this!)
what a beautiful baby! those eyelashes are LONG!
anyways, in no. 3 there's quite a bit of "stuff" on the baby's foot... :)

Thanks Lacey and Janet! I'm adding a few more to the OP,... hopefully its not overwhelmingly too many pictures to CC. Janet, the stuff on the babies feet is flaky skin. As she was just born, she had skin flaking everywhere! I should have thought to ask the mom to put some lotion on her.

Congrats Kelly! Great job, but a couple of things to watch for...

The crop in #1 and #4 seem a little too tight. Its acceptable to crop the top and side of the head sometimes, but not the cheek or chin as well. Be sure to leave some space around the side and bottom of the face if you are going to crop close.

Other than that, the quality, skin tone, clarity, and sharpness is all there. The tones in the black and white ones are beautiful. Well done!

NJ

Thanks so much NJ :D I agree, those crops are a bit tight aren't they. Especially 1. If I had just backed up a hair..

aww! i love the one in the octupus chair, just cause it's so darn cute!! and i was right! those eyelashes are AMAZINGLY long!!!

Most reactions

Back