My first spider shot...

Samriel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I usually don't take macro bug shots - actually I almost don't shoot any macro - but I almost hit this guy with my head while driving my bicycle from the beach, so I took out my 100mm macro, and snapped a shot with my flash on wireless. The focus is also a few mm of, but the wind was strong an made the net swing constantly. The shot was taken on the go, so I really didn't put enough effort into the shot for it to be "technically correct" and properly done - critique is welcome, but please consider the above. :D

Spider.jpg

for someone who does little macro insect work its a very good shot!
I can see where your focus is lacking a little, but to be honest I think depth of field is just being its usual macro pain since you ahve clear focus on the front parts of him - just after his mouth appears to be where to weakens.
I really like that you captured its websackthingy and he was spinning web at the time - makes for a very interesting photo!

You might try playing with the shot (burn tool) and getting it to a full lowkey shot with a black background, since the greenyyello appears to weak to be boosted up

I'll try to burn the background, black will probably look better than the dark green. Thanks for the comment!

very good for a 'shotty' attempt. my only complaint is that the texture of the insect seems to be sort of shallow, and by that i mean not very much variation. and that makes it look a little dull. but i dont think you could have helped that!

I'm no macro expert, but that's one nice shot for being done on the fly (no pun intended).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back