My gear is growing, so need a new bag...

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Anybody got recommendations for a good bag? I've currently got a little lowepro backpack sort of thing, and it was jammed already, but now I've got this behemoth sigma lens and just no room for it. So it's time to go bag shopping. :D I'm thinking shoulder-bag this time instead of backpack style, but I'm open...

I just bought this photo backpack from Adorama for $30 and I love it. It holds my Digital Rebel, 50mm, 18-55mm, 17-35mm, all my extension tubes, and my 70-300mm lens, plus all my filters and remote switch and batteries. It's a tight fit, but it's everything I need. It's very well made, with padded velcro inserts to seperata and protect all your eq.

With that Sigma you got, double check that it'll fit like they say. Some manufacturers claim that a Pro 80-200mm lens will fit, attached to the camera body and all, but they don't.

Case in point. I have the Lowepro Rover AW II. Under capacity it says "large pro SLR with 80–200mm f/2.8 lens attached, additional lenses and accessories"

My additional lenses and accessories fit but but my 80-200mm f/2.8 hardly fits all by itself, let alone with a body attached.

....and that's all I have to offer as all of my other bags are older Tamracs that aren't even made anymore.............

I have a Tamrac Expedition 5. It's fits my 70-200 if it's attached to the body. I also have my external flash, a macro lens, 20mm lens and two medium range lenses in there. There are great pockets for batteries, extra CF cards etc. It is a backpak, but it works really well and the shoulder straps are really padded so it's comfy to wear.

I have the Tamrac Expedition 4, and I'm on the verge of outgrowing it, but not quite. I can still get both Pentax bodies in there and 4 lenses (no zoom) and have plenty of pocket room left. I love the fit, feel and quality of this bag.

Although there are times I curse having to stop to remove the backback to change out a lens, it's still far superior to have all the weight on my back and not dragging at my side like my shoulder camera bag. When I move up, it'll be to a larger backpack style to accommodate a couple more lenses. :D

Shark said:
Is that 70-200 a 2.8 with the jumbo barrell?

It's this one

234444.jpg

Shark,I'd go with a Lowepro Photo Trekker AW II,My mentor just give me a new one,Its great P/B.And I just got the Lowepro Modular System with the belt and harness, with the different size lens cases and different size pouches it rocks.

AlisonS said:
I have a Tamrac Expedition 5. It's fits my 70-200 if it's attached to the body. I also have my external flash, a macro lens, 20mm lens and two medium range lenses in there. There are great pockets for batteries, extra CF cards etc. It is a backpak, but it works really well and the shoulder straps are really padded so it's comfy to wear.

I'll second that....I can fit my D70 with a fat sigma 70-300 lens attached to the body+ all the acces. you can think of.

I am going GI style for camera bags and cases.

Camera Bag is a Musette Bag
Lens Case is a metal 20 guage ammo box

*i dont have any lenses but i am prepared.

Most reactions

Back