My Grandfather

EBphotography

TPF Junkie!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Papa.jpg

Lots of character. I like the pose and expression.

How did you convert to b/w? It looks a little flat. But that could be because there's not a wide color range.

Thanks Woodsac.

I converted using the Channel mixer in Photoshop I believe. It was my first image with that method, I think I'll go back and try again to see what I can come up with.

:)

I agree with Woodsac on the flatness of the photo. When you go for black and white the rule of thumb is to always have I pure white and a pure black and everything in between. You have lots of everything in between but I don't see pure white or black. I would see what you can do with the contrast some.

Nice shot. If I were to mess with the contrast levels on this one I just might get a feathered selection around the eyes and exclude it from adjustment as you may loose some vital info here that seems to me to just about at its limit now...Just a thought:)

Agree that it seems a little flat. You're OTE so I gave it a quick try. I tweaked the limits a little and then the contrast and brightness

I like the photo, EB, and I like the edit, Jeff!
The photo had all the potential from the start so it was not too hard to bring about the contrasts.
The composition is rare, with his one shoulder bursting the frame, but all this room and that climbing concrete wall on the right. I quite like this element! And I also like his posture and expression. Really well done!

Thank you everyone! And thank you very much for your edit, Jeff, I think I will go in and see what I can do myself as well, just to see what I can do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back