My Morning Macro (C&C Welcome)

RalphP13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I found these growing off the side of my RV.

1)
Ice%201%20sm.jpg

2)
Ice%202%20sm.jpg

3)
Ice%203%20sm.jpg

4) (Tighter crop of 3)
Ice%204%20sm.jpg

5) (Tighter crop of 1)
Ice%205%20sm.jpg

Ralph

Great images; but what is RV? i am fool enough not to recognize what the images are of
:blushing:

Regards :D

RV = Recreational Vehicle (Motorhome)

I would be very impressed if you could recognize an RV from a macro photo. :lol:

Here's where they were growing. On the side of this:
rv.jpg

Ralph

Oh!!! so are they ice crystals??? really really wonderful

Regards :D

Yes, ice crystals!

That's right, I think I remember seeing a post from you that you only see snow/ice in your freezer. :lmao:

Ralph

Those are great shots. Very well done. Did you use any kind of TCs, extension tubes, etc?

Mark

Everything was said, very impressive!!!! I would be curious what was your setup? I tried ice crystals before but it was a total failure!!:(

Everything was said, very impressive!!!! I would be curious what was your setup? I tried ice crystals before but it was a total failure!!:(

Those are great shots. Very well done. Did you use any kind of TCs, extension tubes, etc?

Mark

I started with a 105mm macro lens with a 1.4 TC but found I didn't need it. These were pretty big (compared to a snowflake) so I went with just the 105mm macro hand held with SB 600 flash. Losing the 1.4 TC gave me a little more DoF to work with also.

I went with the hand held approach because the sun was coming up and I figured they wouldn't be around much longer after that.

Thanks, Ralph

dang, i want to do some macro photography now... looks very nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back