My New Water Drop Photos (thanks LaFoto)

cosmoepic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took some advice from LaFoto and others for my new water photos

seems like alot of these are poppin up on the forum lately

anways here ya go! as always C&C is welcomed and appreciated!
redwaterjpg-1.jpg
redwatertopjpg-1.jpg

#1 - Too much empty white space. Might want to get closer so that the water drop is bigger. I think you could remove the shadow...it's distracting. Seems slightly overexposed. Maybe shoot from a slightly higher point of view.

#2 - The splash is slightly OOF. The ripples are cool. Nice colors. Maybe try a higher f/stop to get more of the image in focus.

#1 i wanted to get as complete of a side view as i could, and i think the only reason i left the shadow is to emphasize the split of the water drop, i do agree on the white space though it is alittle much

#2 i guess im really having alot of trouble getting the focus down for these splashes. Maybe my lens is holding me back? just the 18-55mm Kit so i cant get so close to it or it gets really OOF

would love some advice on this?

I like the first one... The white space doesn't bother me.
It is a little overexposed though.
Is that tea?

nope just dyed food coloring in water, but i use visine to drop in, since it will stay on the surface and keep the upsplash connected longer

i raised the exposure some just for drama effect maybe a little to much

#1 i wanted to get as complete of a side view as i could,
Maybe include the whole glass instead of cutting it off. Don't have to include the stem though.
#2 i guess im really having alot of trouble getting the focus down for these splashes. Maybe my lens is holding me back? just the 18-55mm Kit so i cant get so close to it or it gets really OOF
would love some advice on this?
Are you shooting at 18mm or at 55mm? Or somewhere in between.

Are you letting the camera auto focus or are you setting the focus manually?

manual focus at 55mm when i do auto and im so close it starts to blur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back