My sister, the bride!

i love #1, the calla lily is nearly a perfect heart shape, very cool!

I never even noticed that!

JJM: Thanks!

Splouff: I agree the colors are a bit flat in #8...what would you do with the image to make things "pop?" I'm a noob with digital PP and I'm having a really hard time with this one, even though I like the image itself. #4, however, I really like this one a little more muted.

One more pic and I'm done with this thread, really! :lol:

DSC_0016.jpg

The lighting in #2 is lovely.

The rest are very standard wedding / bride shots. The cropping on some of them seems odd to me.

#1 is too soft.
#3 odd cropping or framing. i want to see all of her and give equal spacing on left and right.
#8 can't decide if i like the contrast between her beauty and that brick wall.

Out of kind curiosity, how long have you been shooting people?

DigitalDiva: I spent about five years shooting film, burnt myself out reeeeally badly (shooting too much of what I didn't enjoy), moved to Colorado & became a ski and mountain bike bum for a few years, had a baby and now that he's two I'm finding I really enjoy photography again. It is true that I do need to brush up on my skills again but is it fair to add a disclaimer to these photographs that I was actually IN the wedding, therefore not really focusing all of my creative energy on the photos? :blushing: (Wasn't the only one shooting, BTW) My thread, "The next day" is more what I enjoy when I shoot people...environmental portraiture. #3- I was actually trying to find a way to crop it so that her upper arm was not the major emphasis in the picture b/c had I moved over it would have been. She is veeerrrry self-conscious about that. I actually really like the "bride against a brick wall" shots but I am still trying to make this one pop. Anyway...that's my past in a nutshell...hope that gives you insight!

You can tell you're not an amature, souljourney. I can see a lot of skill in your shots. That is difficult to be involved in an event AND try to capture moments. Bravo on the multi-tasking!!

Tip for flabby bare arms. Have the woman bring her arms behind her, and then, keeping the arms pressed to her sides, bring them forward and then relax a bit. This pushes that loose business near the armpit out of view. :)

I'm a plus size, myself, and I practice on myself all the time. ;)

Thanks, DigitalDiva! :blushing: It's very humbling to step back into this "world," see all of the amazingly creative talent out there and come to the realization that I need to retrain my eye and learn new techniques!

WildMaven: Great tip...thanks! Her arms are SUCH a sore spot with her. It's partially her weight, partially hereditery. I am significantly smaller than her these days but we are both built like linebackers. Always makes for a good look when we are trying to be feminine! :lol:

Numbers 1, 3, 6 and 7 are my favourites.

Number three I especially like - looks like a fashion piece that you would find in a glossy magazine, very good!

Most reactions

Back