My Trip to Space

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The moon was in rare form the other night, and I just had to try and capture it. This is what I came up with. Comments Welcome

NA7I1398.jpg

Ah, you lucky one!
Do you know me long enough to know for how long I have tried to capture the moon in a photo detailed enough to show the craters? And so far I have NEVER succeeded. Even my 300mm lens only allows me to get a comparatively tiny moon in a vast black print...

LaFoto said:
Ah, you lucky one!
Do you know me long enough to know for how long I have tried to capture the moon in a photo detailed enough to show the craters? And so far I have NEVER succeeded. Even my 300mm lens only allows me to get a comparatively tiny moon in a vast black print...

Yes. Although not the sharpest of my prints...I thought this one would be good to post. I Shot this with a 300mm lens and cropped it close.

LaFoto said:
Ah, you lucky one!

This is what I do when I photograph the moon. Obviously a tripod is necessary, then I set my aperature as wide open as possible, reason being that most lens' have an octoganal aperature, and having wide open lets the moon stay perfectly round. Also I use an image stabilizing lens. At least that is what I do, there are probably better ways, but this is how I get mine to turn out. Happy shooting

Most reactions

Back