Narrow Monthly Contest Results before Forum Vote

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by keith204, Apr 3, 2008.

1. keith204

keith204 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have seen something on this before, but can't find it.

Lately there are so many photos submitted for the contests, and the votes get pretty thinned out. Not to mention (dare I say) it seems like there are more and more people just throwing a snapshot in there just in case it gets votes. Maybe before everyone can vote, 3 or more people can narrow the submissions to 10 or so.

Is this feasible/reasonable?

2. Tennessee Landscape

Tennessee Landscape TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would certainly think reasonable, but I think the opportunity that everyone has to submit a photo, see it in the list, be objective enough to not vote for themself, the fact that they don't get any votes should motivate them to at least submit a better picture. If I remeber the rules well enough, that's actually what our voting does though is narrow it down to a few pictures, then the Mods select the winner.

3. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Personally I think it's fine the way it is, except the voting part....More people need to vote. I see no reason the vote count should not exceed triple didgets if not push the four didget mark every month but they don't.

Seriously, if people want to submit a snap shot, let'em. there is nothing more humiliating than loosing with out a single vote....trust me, I've been there.

4. Dioboleque

Dioboleque TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I posted this in the March challenge thread, but now i think it might be better here...