Narrow Monthly Contest Results before Forum Vote

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have seen something on this before, but can't find it.

Lately there are so many photos submitted for the contests, and the votes get pretty thinned out. Not to mention (dare I say) it seems like there are more and more people just throwing a snapshot in there just in case it gets votes. Maybe before everyone can vote, 3 or more people can narrow the submissions to 10 or so.

Is this feasible/reasonable?

I would certainly think reasonable, but I think the opportunity that everyone has to submit a photo, see it in the list, be objective enough to not vote for themself, the fact that they don't get any votes should motivate them to at least submit a better picture. If I remeber the rules well enough, that's actually what our voting does though is narrow it down to a few pictures, then the Mods select the winner.

Personally I think it's fine the way it is, except the voting part....More people need to vote. I see no reason the vote count should not exceed triple didgets if not push the four didget mark every month but they don't.

Seriously, if people want to submit a snap shot, let'em. there is nothing more humiliating than loosing with out a single vote....trust me, I've been there.

I posted this in the March challenge thread, but now i think it might be better here...

I suggest putting a link to the Photo Challenge thread on the home page along with the winning photo from last month. Maybe even two links... Vote in March's Poll and Participate in April's Challenge? But who knows? If 81 people found the challenge to begin with I suppose at least 81 people should be able to locate the voting...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back