Nature Morte

Zhar_Ptitca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this one on Pakleni Islands in Croatia, while lagging behind every bush and stone for some lizard pictures.

I am a total noob when it comes to camera settings of any kind, I know nothing about composition and I mostly operate on my natural instinct and an AUTO setting on my Nikon D5100.

DSC_0249.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Ksju,

For the future, you might consider not identifying too much with any picture that you post for comment.
If you say you love your picture, no one wants to be a bad person and say something negative that would hurt your feelings.

Second, you might consider allowing people to edit your pictures. Often a simple edit to change color temperature or contrast is much easier to demonstrate than it is to write about.

Best wishes,

Lew

Welcome Ksju,

For the future, you might consider not identifying too much with any picture that you post for comment.
If you say you love your picture, no one wants to be a bad person and say something negative that would hurt your feelings.

Second, you might consider allowing people to edit your pictures. Often a simple edit to change color temperature or contrast is much easier to demonstrate than it is to write about.

Best wishes,

Lew

Thank you very much for the advice. I will correct the post and edit the profile, while trying to suck it up when critique comes up. And it, of course, will come up :) As difficult for me as it is, I need to wear big girl pants otherwise I will never learn what am I doing wrong:)

Last edited:
I don't think this will be painful at all.
And there are things that aren't wrong per se, but different tastes in art.
It will profit you to learn the exposure triangle and how different apertures affect your camera.
Then you will inevitably learn how to edit, a digital darkroom to correct, as ansel Adams said, the failings of Mother Nature.

I prefer warmer more saturated colors and then sharpened the picture a bit.
I also straightened the one shelf, it was tilted down a bit and attracted my attention.

upload_2016-7-24_17-49-47.png

Most reactions

New Topics

Back