Nature-photograph C&C

Noxire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
e88c570f95298a5554b58e297e906c8d.jpg

would be glad for some advice please :)

Advice eh? Hmmmm... Well, I think the single biggest piece of advice that I can offer on this image is that you need to find a subject. You've got perfect leading lines formed by the path that guide the eye into the centre of the image, but there's really nothing much to see when it gets there.

On the technical side, you've got some minor exposure issues caused by the bright sky. This has rendered some of the trees/foliage rather darker than they should be. There are a couple of things you could do here. One is to use a polarizing filter to darken the hue of the sky, and another is to take several images and create an HDR merged image.

From an artistic side, I would suggest cropping the extremely dark tree trunk image left, and the softly-focused foreground out of the image.

As a final thought, what I think would work perfectly here is a small child walking down the path away from the camera.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thank you not only for coming with critics but with word of advice in how to improve
Greatly appreciated!
Best regards

I really like it a lot but there may be some purple fringing in the top left (just right of the birch tree. Some easy hue changes could fix that though. I love your angle, much better than standing and shooting it.

out of curiosity: did you pp it?

Small amount in raw and levels nothing to the colors but i lighted it up a bit.
(Most of the trees were darker than now prolly cause of the low dynamic range)

amateur attempt at b&w for sure... and i kept cropping and cropping til there was nothing left...

but... was attempting to make it seem like... a dark path leading to the light...

feel free to hate on this :p

e88c570f95298a5554b58e2.jpg

Most reactions

Back