Photos OK to edit
Pics010.jpg

Pics015.jpg

Pics016.jpg

Pics019.jpg

Pics056.jpg

Please tell me what you think.

Hey Mmurdock, cool photos. :)

In my opinion i feel that they're too cluttered as it is hard for the eye to pinpoint where to look. Maybe if you can focus on one point so the background will be slightly blurry, for instance in that second photo with the path leading down to the left, maybe if you crouched low towards the ground and too the right more, and make it so the ground is in focus so you can see the path leading off into the distance. Also try using a wider aperture, like f2.8 - f4? and see how you go :wink:

I just re-edited your last photo, I just added more contrast and brightness to it. Hope you don't mind. . .

pics0563mr5.jpg

I love the lighting in that last shot, and although it does seem a little flat with the contrasts, I think if I were to edit it I'd work on the dark tones rather than the light. Your edit, dwol, just looks too fake for my liking.

Thanks for the input. I am very new at this and im still tryiing to find a software that I like for editing. Is there somethig that you like that is not alot of cash?

GIMP is free.

If you want something easier/simpler with just the basic features (crop, contrast, hue, straighten, etc), Picasa is free as well.

I like and recommend them both.

As a GNU/Linux user I personally use GIMP for all graphic work and, in my view, it's superior in a number of ways to the commercial likes of Photoshop. More configurable interface, more intuitive use of tools, not bloated with slow poorly coded resource intensive scripting, doesn't damage the bank, and doesn't spy on you.

I also quite like RawStudio for the more immediate post processing, though it is relatively buggy in it's current state.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back