ND filters

ericande

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to figure out what to do with my ND filters. I'm using the Cokin 'P' series holder and filters right now (both ND and gradient ND) but I've noticed a bit of a color cast on them (kind of an orange color.) I love the square holder for the gradient but would rather not have a color cast. Looking around it looks like some people say it's fixed by adjusting the WB but I'd rather have ND filters that are truly neutral. Sounds like my options are to either deal with it, get better screw in filters and just use the Cokin for gradient stuff, or get better filters to go into the Cokin holders. I hear Lee filters are the best but they're super spendy. I guess Hi-tech(?) are good also but the only place I saw that carried them was a UK company.

What's the best way to go?

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my ND filters. I'm using the Cokin 'P' series holder and filters right now (both ND and gradient ND) but I've noticed a bit of a color cast on them (kind of an orange color.) I love the square holder for the gradient but would rather not have a color cast. Looking around it looks like some people say it's fixed by adjusting the WB but I'd rather have ND filters that are truly neutral. Sounds like my options are to either deal with it, get better screw in filters and just use the Cokin for gradient stuff, or get better filters to go into the Cokin holders. I hear Lee filters are the best but they're super spendy. I guess Hi-tech(?) are good also but the only place I saw that carried them was a UK company.

What's the best way to go?

The best way to go? Singh-Ray

@ Singh-Ray Photographic Filters

Singh-Ray is nice stuff for sure, but so darn expensive. IIRC, my Lee system was a good chunk cheaper. I haven't researched the prices as of late.

Anyway, I would stay away from the screw in filters for obvious reasons if you like to use Grad ND's.

I think I'm going to go with screw in filters for ND (one size filter and use step-up rings) and then either Lee or Hi-tech for the grads. Both sound like they're definite upgrades over Corkin. I think I need to price out the entire filter set I want with both Corkin and Lee and see where I'm at from there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back