Need help connecting new monitor

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just replaced an OLD monitor but the computer is not old and was built not to long ago. I have a VGA cable hooked now but the monitor says "no signal" That's where I'm stuck now. I remember the guy telling me one time that if I did replace it, I would need a cable.
Do I need to grab a HDMI??
I'm not to computer savvy...

Thanks

I have a BenQ led monitor and the computer was built by a shop and has a ryzen processor. That's all I know and I see on the back of the desktop a dvi and a HDMI.
Do that help at all?

???
IMG_20190717_175624-01.jpeg

Looks like you have an HDMI port on that video card ... I suggest you pick up one, as I assume your BenQ monitor has at least one of those ports also ... much better than VGA

... I assume you are running Windows 10 (or 7?)

I suspect the BenQ does not default to using the old VGA so you would have to go into the setup to change that ... but I would suggest just going with HDMI.

Ok, I have a D-Sub connected to both the monitor and the computer and a HDMI and nothing.
So I need to buy a HDMI?
I suspect the BenQ does not default to using the old VGA so you would have to go into the setup to change that ... but I would suggest just going with HDMI.
Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back