Need more reach for getting pics of an eagles nest.

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The only eagles nest I've been able to find is 400+ yards away. I've just gotten an old manual focus 600mm f5.6 but still not enough. Guess I'm going to have to get a teleconverter.

$600mm (1 of 1).jpg

$600 (1 of 1).jpg

The eagle's nest I found is a mere 40 feet or so--straight up in a pine tree, and only once I climb the steep hill with no trail and then engage in some very light trespassing. :D

Send me that 600mm, and I'll take pictures of an eagle's nest FOR you. :biglaugh:

The eagle's nest I found is a mere 40 feet or so--straight up in a pine tree, and only once I climb the steep hill with no trail and then engage in some very light trespassing. :D

Send me that 600mm, and I'll take pictures of an eagle's nest FOR you. :biglaugh:

Ha ha. I'd bring it down to ya but I heard you've got more snow then us. The first picture was taken with the 600mm second one is a crop of that. The nest is on an island in the middle of a lake.

Be very careful how close you get to an Eagles nest as you can be fined for it in the United States. Does not matter if it is a Golden or Bald Eagle. It is different if it is literally in your back yard or something but if you have to hike to get to it and such.. be careful :)
Eagles are federally protected still even if they are off the endangered species list :)

Oh and if you see feather from an eagle... let it be unless you are a Native American :)

Oh and if you see feather from an eagle... let it be unless you are a Native American :)

Thanks. I've been in close contact with officials from the Mass Dept of Fish and Game.

Thanks. I've been in close contact with officials from the Mass Dept of Fish and Game.

Oh I figured you had.. I just wanted to let others know just in case is all. Just a general FYI so to speak. No offense of course :)

I know the feeling. The eagles I see are always really far away also.. {sigh}

MSnowy, I know what you mean - mine always seem to be on the other side of a very wide river.

WesternGuy

Field craft - blind.

I'm going to try a blind if the lake freeze over. As of right now there's 400+ yards of open water between me and the nest.

Most reactions

Back