Need some inspiration: 'NOISE'.

chris.wiltshire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys. - I need some help / inspiration for a competition theme of 'Noise'.

The obvious ones have come to mind; Child screaming, hammer striking... I want something different which will stand out.

Does anyone have any successful examples / ideas of how to take a decent looking picture of a moving speaker cone? Or any novel of neat ideas which can be staged? The likelyhood of finding an opportunistic example within the deadline is small.

Thanks in advance for your time / thought.

Chris.

point the speaker upwards, geht lots of dust or something similar and put it on the cone. get some good lighting and a black-ish background. pump up the volume and take some images of the dust being catapulted in the air. try lots of different shutter speeds.

no idea if this works at all. just came to my mind but never tried it.

or get a good ear-model. smear some blood-like liquid which you squeeze into his/her ear so that it oozes/drips out when you take the close up picture of the ear.

hmm, better be careful not really to squeeze anything into anyones ear... you must be rather careful here.

Line up a bunch of rough looking people with hardhats and those huge airport earmuffs on.

Get a picture of someone with an ipod jumping around like a lunatic and slowsync it to get a bit of blur.

Or if you have a friend like mine who has a line array of 16 subwoofers put them up against a wall and have someone sit in front of them on a chair like in a theatre.

If you used a bit of dry ice fog with a speaker, and played a pulsing tone I believe a speaker will generate Rings of fog. (its a vortex generator essentially)

What Pink Floyd song has that Heart Beat?

If you used a bit of dry ice fog with a speaker, and played a pulsing tone I believe a speaker will generate Rings of fog. (its a vortex generator essentially)

What Pink Floyd song has that Heart Beat?

Time has the heart beat :) Though if you're not old school enough for floyd pretty much any modern techno crap will get you in the same ballpark.

Close-up of your face wearing headphones. Just do half your face, and the head phone covering one ear, and you squint in pain. Noise!

Shoot 8 different people standing around talking on cell phones.

Entitle the photo, "Nothing, what are YOU doing?"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back