Need Your Help! What should i do? Legit Or Not!

No one on craigslist takes refunds, and i doubt this guy will either since i have already played with it, and the rebel xsi is like 700$ :(

haha it is true, there's no need for the police to be called if its just a suspicion, again. I live in California where police wont just pat you on the head here, they will probably tazer me half to death just for fun... :p. My only big concern was the price, and im not going to give up my freind for finding this camera for me, right thing or not i have known him for most of my life and hes been my right hand man. And im sure any of you would report your own brother to the police if he stole something? Same situation here, my freinds are pretty much family! :). But wherever my friend found the guy wasnt up to me, im just the buyer. I was just trying to find the owner over the internet if its possible. If not i just have to move on.

Ok what I am getting out of this thread, after people have given you advice after advice after advice on what to do with this situation, is... That you want us all to pat you on the back and say "NOOOO, you are in the right, don't worry about the other guy". Am I right?! Ya I thought so. Listen, you are 17 years old grow up and grow a pair. I have turned over family, even a brother who has stolen, and done other s*it. If you are dumb enough to do that crap then you deserve to get caught.
If you aren't going to listen to the advice of the older, wiser, have had the experience, people in this thread then drop the freakin conversation. Do what you want with the damn thing and get on with your life. I mean who cares about the other guy right. As long as you feel warm and fuzzy and your friends are safe from the bad police man.. It's all good. Just remember that one day it could happen to you, and what would you want the end user to do.
Ok warm and fuzziness is over. Do what you want with the camera, especially if you aren't going to listen to the advice given. Just drop the topic. Because it is rude to ask for advice and then to blatantly ignore everyones advice that they have given. The truth is out, that you only started this thread so you can get someone to validate what you were going to do all along, and you kept it going long enough that someone actually agrees with you, and now, that is the advice you are going to take. Because it makes you feel like you have done something right.
Grow up.

Thanks Pugs!:thumbup:

I just saw a recent episode of Cops where some guy got arrested for being in the possession of stolen goods. It was in Kalifornia too.

I like that show

Last edited:
I wasnt going to reply to this thread, but I was bored.

I say..turn him in. If it was your camera that was stolen, you would be a little pissed. Somebody is missing a camera they worked hard to get. I dont know....I make crap money, and I keep my cams close, cause I cant afford to replace them.
Whether he/she is your "friend"(or friend of a friend), if they are willing to sell you stolen property, they are not much of a friend.
I would report anyone, brother, mother, friend. They broke the law, and now you are in jeopardy, cause you are in possesion of stolen goods.(we think) I say , check it out with the Poh-leece, and see if they can trace the serial number.

I before E except after C. F-R-I-E-N-D

Anyway, why not go to the police? Obviously there is enough suspicion in the pictures and price that made you think it might be stolen. If you don't do anything to find out if it is actually stolen, you'll always have that thought in the back of your mind every time you use the camera. Have some faith in justice. If it's not stolen, like you want to believe, then you keep the camera. If it's stolen, you've learned a valuable lesson about buying used goods from strangers for extremely low prices. Win-Win. Unless you count the $450 you would lose if it is indeed stolen. However, I think $450 (at most) for a clear conscience and a lesson from the University of Life is a small price to pay.

Best of luck,
Andrea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back