new born photo..

STMel03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'll put up a quick question along with my photo..I know there are not set ways to snap a picture of a new born.. But I had a really hard time getting a picture I liked.. I'm still very new to photography and just bought my first digital slr(Nikon D80).. any pointer you guys and gals can give me when shooting little ones?

This was the only photo out of many that I actually liked..opinions please

pict073.jpg

Altho I would like to have seen a little bit more of the baby's face, this is still a fine photo and you will treasure it.

If this were mine, I would crop it to 5 w x 4 h taking about 2/3 from the left and 1/3 from the right. This picture could be edited in any number of ways to make a set of lovely glimpses of your newborn.

Congratulations on the baby and the picture.

thanks for all the congrats.. but this little bundle is not mine.. sorry for the confusion.. It's one of my good buddies kid..He was a good subject to shoot..Didn't complain much at all :)

In general I try to shoot children from their level rather than from above. There is just something about this angle that is unsettling to me. If you have more chances to photograph this little bundle try a lower angle and looking into the face a bit more. It's not a bad shot, but I think the angle is off.

Most reactions

Back