New Glass, NewChallenges

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The waiting is over just came today. Pentax DA 35MM Macro Limited. Think I'm really going to like it, but like everything else it's going to require some practice. Couldn't wait to try it out, so go easy on me.
IMGP1154.jpg

What aperture was this shot at? I would suggest going much higher so that the whole flower is in focus.

Mmmmmm, every descriptor of that sounds good....Pentax..... DA..... 35MM..... Macro..... Limited

The Limited series are totallllly sweet optics. I think that even though a lot of the blossom is OOF, that the front and the rear defocus areas look smooth, and good. This is one of the things Pentax has always been good at: lenses that have a beautiful drawing style.

Not gonna name names, but I recently saew some photos done with a third-party lens with in in-lens stabilizing system....uggggh....horrible OOF foregounds AND backgrounds....very nervous and jittery, really not pretty. This looks like it might be a pretty imager.

Mmmmmm, every descriptor of that sounds good....Pentax..... DA..... 35MM..... Macro..... Limited

The Limited series are totallllly sweet optics. I think that even though a lot of the blossom is OOF, that the front and the rear defocus areas look smooth, and good. This is one of the things Pentax has always been good at: lenses that have a beautiful drawing style.

Not gonna name names, but I recently saew some photos done with a third-party lens with in in-lens stabilizing system....uggggh....horrible OOF foregounds AND backgrounds....very nervous and jittery, really not pretty. This looks like it might be a pretty imager.

Yup, my Sigma 105mm can do this and it's annoying. I really have to pay attention to all the settings, distances, and angles. I am playing around with my Non AI 80-200 with a 6T and I may have a winner for flowers for those things you describe.

If I could keep only one of my Pentax lenses, this is probably it. I look at it as a manual prime, because of the noisy old screw drive and looong focus range. But I have nothing that's sharper, and it makes a great walk-around prime- and that FEEL. It's a little tedious at 1:1 only because the 35mm FL puts the subject almost touching the front element. The bokeh is awesome. A Pentax must-have IMO.

Congrats on the new glass. Merry Christmas to you??? I don't think I realized you were shooting with a Pentax. I agree with the PP that this needs a bit more DOF (or maybe a different angle?) so that more of the flower is in focus - for this angle I think you need the center to be the focal point. Or take this the other way with less in focus or closer up for a more abstract shot. As it stands, it's either too much or not enough in focus.

And after typing all that I now see that you were just testing it out and not in the Gallery forums looking for critique so just ignore the unsolicited advice portion of my post!

Funny how threads just reappear.
zombie-clip-art-edit-100606481-orig.jpg

From back in September. The little flower in the image was only about 3/4" of an inch in diameter. Though there are problems with the DOF that I've since learned to deal with, I was impressed with the Bokeh. I've used this lens a lot in the interim and love it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back