New in the Philippines

Fred Thomas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Yall

Well, I am a Texan (American) living in the Philippines and active in photography. I enjoy a wide variety of genre's and styles of photography and look forward to learning my way around thephotoforum.com. I have been a helicopter pilot flying air rescue, a photographer and a few other things along the way. Each providing a degree of excitement and adrenalin rushes.

Current System
Fujifilm
X Pro 1
XT-1
10-24mm
18-55mm
35mm
56mm
EF42

This past Saturday was spent in the Tanay Mountains east of Manila about three hours, much of it on very rough dirt roads photographing a medical mission. 120 patients were seen in just a few hours in a village situated on the Daraitan River. A magical place with mountains, clouds, beautiful light and jungles. These are some of the experiences I enjoy the most living here in the Philippines. Through an interpreter I asked an indigenous Indian/Native what the name of the river is? "River" OK, what do you call the river? "River" OK, I understand the name of the river is river. "Yes" A long ten mile hike into the mountains and these peoples relatives are still living as they have for hundreds of years. Truly fascinating!

I am almost finished with the first part of a project that consists of a series of 15 notable travel destinations here in Manila. The first in the series - San Augustin Church - A World Heritage Site and highlighted on my blog. I have not gotten around to posting the images to my web site yet. San Augustin is steeped in cultural and historical significance to the Philippines dating back to the 1600's.

Please visit my web site and blog. Let me know you dropped by - follow, leave a comment or send me a note.

Fred Thomas Photography

Fred Thomas Photography Blog

I look forward to getting to know you and am sure we will enjoy our photographic journey together!

Cheers
Fred

Most reactions

New Topics

Back