voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I set out this evening heading in a direction I've had my eye on. I wasn't sure exactly where I'd end up but there were at least some clouds in the sky. So I turned up into Gold Canyon.. about 20 minutes from my house. It's residential so I wasn't exactly sure where to go to not see houses. After taking random turns I ended up at a dead end with a trailhead. It was getting late and there wasn't much sun around but I stumbled onto some very beautiful scenery. There was a gate with a chain around it so it wasn't clear that I could enter the area. Upon further inspection, I noticed the chain merely kept the gate from swinging. There was no lock... A wooden sign with faint writing read

"The pools of these mountains were sacred to those who once lived here. Please preserve their petroglyphs for the future or they will be gone. Walk in blessing --Navajo blessing"

I didn't have much to work with but I am excited about a new photogenic area. The last rays had disappeared by the time I got over the hill you see in the first few shots. The mtns in the background in this should be a good backdrop for the desert landscape.

goldcanyon01.jpg

goldcanyon02.jpg

goldcanyon03.jpg

goldcanyon04.jpg

goldcanyon05.jpg

Nice Work!
it's alway's cool to find a new place to take pictures at, especially one with so much potential. I'm looking forward to seeing what you get your next visit. :D

Those cholla cactii are crazy in different lighting. As you can see in these photos, the right lighting will make them glow.

Most reactions

Back