New Orwo North America film vs. original East German film

ABrosig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anybody shot any of the Orwo North America film, either the 100 or 400 speed varieties? Looking at the Orwo NA website, seems a 100' roll is pretty reasonable. I'm just wondering how it compares to the old, original East German Orwo from a few decades ago. Still working my way through a batch of that and I love it! Thanks in advance.

Where is it, what website ?

ORWO North America | Motion Picture Film

I really like the old Orwo films; I've shot a bunch of it (in 120 size) and I love the almost dreamy look and great gradations of the film. I'm wondering if this company just bought the name or are they reproducing the original film?

Thank you for the link.
Most likely they bought distribution rights and took the business seriously. It must be some recent development as I tried to call ORWO distributor some less than 2 years ago, left 4 or 5 messages, never got respond. Never seen this website before.

They don't "reproduce" original film, they just sell it. ORWO is still in egzistance and making this materials. It's a funny turn of events. AGFA is dead , but the original plant is still alive and producing and finally could be bought easy in N.A.

I wonder, what will be the shipping prices to Canada. Or maybe, like Kodak, they have distro center in Toronto. Kodak doesn't charge any shipping and prices are very similar.
Will see.

Photo Warehouse sells Ultrafine Extreme 100 and 400 for $29 per 100'. Gary, don't forget shipping costs. In any case you can get ORWO in England, just in 400' roll (that makes $45/100').

Photo Warehouse sells Ultrafine Extreme 100 and 400 for $29 per 100'. Gary, don't forget shipping costs. In any case you can get ORWO in England, just in 400' roll (that makes $45/100').

Have you got a link where i can buy it in the UK

I don't have it, but ask guys in Rangefinder Forum in DXN thread. I will ask in FADU (YOU should know FADU !!).

Where is it, what website ?
9.jpg
What are you asking about ? This website ? ORWO North America | Motion Picture Film Or that website ? Kodak Eastman Double-X 7222/5222 | Take 2 . The second is an English source of Eastman Double X Negative.

Ive got some Orwo un54 (iso100) £45 coming after my holiday, got 12 rolls of AGFA APX for my holiday and going to roll another 15 HP5 i hope that is enough for 9 days
the Orwo N74 is £9 dearer than i pay for HP5 but might get a roll when my HP5 runs out, 27 rolls for 9 days :confused: think i will roll a few more HP5

Ive got some Orwo un54 (iso100) £45 coming after my holiday, got 12 rolls of AGFA APX for my holiday and going to roll another 15 HP5 i hope that is enough for 9 days
the Orwo N74 is £9 dearer than i pay for HP5 but might get a roll when my HP5 runs out, 27 rolls for 9 days :confused: think i will roll a few more HP5
?? Your Leica has a 5 fps motor now ?!:confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back