New photographer, first pics. C&C!

dMau1986

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello forum members. I have spent a few days checking out the site, and now its time to share the early work I have done.

I have just started my photography hobby, so these are literally my first shots ever. From what I have gathered, C&C must mean comments and criticism? I welcome it!

In case it matters, my equipment is (get ready, the list is LONG):
40D, Canon 28-135MM IS, Canon 18-55mm IS. Both kit lenses, the second I picked up for cheap because I needed something wider than the 28.

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

Bridge2-1.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

BWIMG_07092copy.jpg

BWIMG_1047-3.jpg

Stairs.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

I think these are great for starting out! I'm not expert to comment of technical things but as far as the pictures themselves I like them. The only thing that gets me is that dern log or whatever it is in the water in that city/water picture. I think that same location was used for a picture of the month nomination. The only other thing that I notice is it seems like the first picture is cropped too much. I see that the concentration is on the colors but maybe showing the whole thing would better show the contrast of the colors to the other parts.

My .02 cents.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Please try and number your shots so they can be easily referred to.

#3 , #4 and #6 are my favourites.

I like the catchlights in the cat's eyes in #3, plus it is nice and sharp with good focus.

Pity about the power lines in #4, but I like the angle of the bridge leading up to the skyline.

#6 works well as black and white. I like the angle and composition, but it is a bit soft and I'm sold on the hair across her face.

Most reactions

Back