New pro from Pittsburgh PA looking to connect with other photogs online and off.

Howdy and welcome! I spent 4 years in Pittsburgh for grad school and have very fond memories. Go Stillers!
That's awesome! What did you study? My wife is finishing her PhD at Pitt (which is how we met) so, despite being a lifelong Pittsburgher I may find myself somewhere new within the next year or two.

Hello and welcome, been many years since I've been to Pittsburg.

That's awesome! What did you study? My wife is finishing her PhD at Pitt (which is how we met) so, despite being a lifelong Pittsburgher I may find myself somewhere new within the next year or two.

I was also at Pitt, studied linguistics and deaf education. Spent most of my time in the Cathedral (aka the Tower of Power 🤣). I also got a TESOL certificate and headed overseas after graduation. I still miss the Strip, the pierogies at the Bloomfield Tavern, and the view coming out of the Fort Pitt Tunnel. ❤️

I was also at Pitt, studied linguistics and deaf education. Spent most of my time in the Cathedral (aka the Tower of Power 🤣). I also got a TESOL certificate and headed overseas after graduation. I still miss the Strip, the pierogies at the Bloomfield Tavern, and the view coming out of the Fort Pitt Tunnel. ❤️
I'm sorry to have to tell you like this but the Bloomfield Tavern is no more. Someone bought it and turned it into a private residence which is such a strange thing to do but they did it. Also, they're calling the Cathedral "Cathy" these days which I don't know how I feel about that - lol.

That's really cool. I took ASL for my language requirements in school. Pitt's classes were always packed so I cross-registered at the community college. I also had a few friends that did ESL teaching in Europe and Asia. And now I'm married to a former English teacher (she taught English in Russia) and really wish I had chosen to learn Russian because it is not an easy to learn language in your 40s!

Hi and welcome! Have not been to Pittsburg yet but look forward to seeing some shots 👌

I'm sorry to have to tell you like this but the Bloomfield Tavern is no more. Someone bought it and turned it into a private residence which is such a strange thing to do but they did it. Also, they're calling the Cathedral "Cathy" these days which I don't know how I feel about that - lol.

That's really cool. I took ASL for my language requirements in school. Pitt's classes were always packed so I cross-registered at the community college. I also had a few friends that did ESL teaching in Europe and Asia. And now I'm married to a former English teacher (she taught English in Russia) and really wish I had chosen to learn Russian because it is not an easy to learn language in your 40s!

Oh shoot, and there's me realizing that I never hit the Post Reply button. 🤣

I did hear the Bloomfield Tavern closed, but a private residence? That really is weird. It can't be very pleasant to live at such a busy commercial location, but to each their own, right? I'm sure there are a bunch of places that have closed since I was there in the 90s. I heard that even The O closed! At least Primanti Brothers is still there.

Yeah, the O did close, that was a very dark day for stoned college students. Primanti's is like cockroaches, they'll outlive everyone 🤣

Most reactions

New Topics

Back