New worlds largest: 320 GigaPix Panoramic London Shot

Awiserbud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is an 320 Gigapixel image, stitched together from 48,640 individual images, All shot from Londons BT tower, Having seen the previous extreme panoramic shot of London taken back in 2010 which was only an 80 Gigapixel image comprising of 7886 individual images i can say the detail in this one is remarkable.
Enjoy.

The BT Tower

I like the idea but I found it vary annoying that when you are zoomed out the image is over sharpened and the contrast is to high and then when you zoom in a bit the image switches to one that does not have enough contrast.

I noticed that, I would assume its a software glitch, i cant imagine each of these individual shots would have been edited manually.

I would so not want to live there.

easily the most impressive Pano of this type I've ever seen.

I could count individual leaves on trees from a mile away. 'nuff said.

I wonder how long it is before a Crime drama uses one of these to solve a murder - at least there is enough clarity in the shots that you could at least see some detail (before they press the magic ENHANCE button ;))

It's impressive, but also GAH so dingy as its London.

Somebody has too much time on their hands lol

I wonder how long it is before a Crime drama uses one of these to solve a murder - at least there is enough clarity in the shots that you could at least see some detail

Indeed, Individual people can clearly be recognised here. havent found anything suggesting the exact date yet (apart from the photogs records) but Big Ben says it was 1.30pm. Where were YOU at that time?

thats pretty cool. Imagine the stitching errors!

The only ones i've found so far are have been moving objects, cars etc, there is an obvious one on spokes of the London eye.

This is an 320 Gigapixel image, stitched together from 48,640 individual images, All shot from Londons BT tower, Having seen the previous extreme panoramic shot of London taken back in 2010 which was only an 80 Gigapixel image comprising of 7886 individual images i can say the detail in this one is remarkable.
Enjoy.

The BT Tower

How many times you already take this picture?
Do you think, this could possibly make better in a future? I was really amazed of what you have done good job.

Most reactions

Back