newbie...first time sharing!

aprileve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm brand new here and hoping to find advice, tips, support, guidance...etc on photography and CS3. I've been taking pictures with my Nikon D50 for three years now but just recently am trying to make a go at going "pro." ie...making money to send my husband to seminary. :)
So here's a few of my most recent:

EdenSwing2.jpg

baseball_1copy.jpg

bekswing.jpg

mahorses.jpg

I welcome suggestions... :)

Last edited:
Not a bad shot. The focus is nice and sharp. I don't particularly care for the perspective of looking down though. With children and infants, I much prefer getting down on their level and trying to capture images "through their eyes" and on their level. It's hard to make much of an opinion just based on that image. Are you going to focus mainly on portraits, weddings, etc? If portraits, what type, child, family, seniors?
Got any others?

Not a bad shot. The focus is nice and sharp. I don't particularly care for the perspective of looking down though. With children and infants, I much prefer getting down on their level and trying to capture images "through their eyes" and on their level. It's hard to make much of an opinion just based on that image. Are you going to focus mainly on portraits, weddings, etc? If portraits, what type, child, family, seniors?
Got any others?

thanks for the feedback! :) The perspective is actually one of my favorite things about the picture...I guess just because it's different. But it's good to know that not EVERYONE loves it. :thumbup:
I added a few more pictures. :) yes...portraits, weddings, engagements...

I love that first one, one if my favorite perspectives with children and babies. I think you're doing really well so far :)

I *love* the first one!!!! (Totally disagree with johnboy...though I'm sure it's just personal preference!) ;o)

Actually, they are all great!! I like them all!

Just one teeny thing...Is it just me...or is the focus on the 1st, and 2nd not quite spot on the eyes?

I *love* the first one!!!! (Totally disagree with johnboy...though I'm sure it's just personal preference!) ;o)

Actually, they are all great!! I like them all!

Just one teeny thing...Is it just me...or is the focus on the 1st, and 2nd not quite spot on the eyes?

No it's totally not you! :) The first one...the focus is on the swing. accident of course. but I thought it still looked kinda cool.
and the second one I think is focused on the wood. again, woops. but not too noticeable that it made me crazy.
thanks for the feedback! :)

also...can anyone tell me how I can keep my logo in color when I pull it onto the "baseball" picture? on the others it stayed in color, but when I pull it over to the baseball pic, it switches to grayscale. am I doing something wrong? anything I can do to change that?

i absolutely love the shot with the toddler in the swing. its unique. it captures a moment. great job.

i absolutely love the shot with the toddler in the swing. its unique. it captures a moment. great job.

thanks! not just any toddler though...my daughter. :)

I like the 2nd and 4th. I don't like the 1st perspective and the 3rd one has that distracting post in the middle which seems to keep grabbing my attention.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back