cressida72

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I have been using my cell phone camera but when I tried to enlarge a print, I realized I need to get a real camera. I have little experience but am very interested in learning more about photography. I currently am looking for the best options in cameras to enlarge prints and take photos in low light.
I look forward to learning!
Thank you!

Welcome!

The members are usually quite willing to make recommendations, but they're going to want to know your budget and your tolerance for gadgetry.

Thank you. My budget is around $1000. I am new to gadgetry but I am looking for something I can grow with as I learn and experiment.
Thanks again.

Please bear in mind that this is only one possible choice, and depending on if you don't mind used, you can usually find even better deals.

Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera with 18-140mm Lens Black 13303 B H

See also; Adorama, Best Buy, and KEH. Be sure to check out used equipment as well as new.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

If you need something for low light, I recommend a Nikon camera. I've read on many occasion that entry level camera for nikon has a much better noise generation at high ISO than Canon camera.
(basically, much less grain in your image).

Might also want to go for a full frame sensor instead of an cropped sensor (also called APS-C sensor). It's a more significant investment, but it's so worth it down the line if you use it in low light.

I don't have any precise recommendation, I have a Canon Rebel t3I which is an entry level camera in your price range, but I can't possibly recommend it for low light situations.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back