Night Shots from a beginner

mjeffries

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was my second or third time attempting night shots. As always C&C is more than welcome.

downtown1.jpg

downtown2.jpg

downtown3.jpg

You have a good eye for compositions and opportunities. I don't like what you've done in post production. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say you went crazy with the "Shadows" slider in the Shadows/Highlights tool, and the result is fakeish looking HDR-style images that lack contrast. Be careful with that tool, it almost always requires putting in extra contrast.

I like the sweeping lines and crop in the third, and the wide view in the second.

You have a good eye for compositions and opportunities. I don't like what you've done in post production. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say you went crazy with the "Shadows" slider in the Shadows/Highlights tool, and the result is fakeish looking HDR-style images that lack contrast. Be careful with that tool, it almost always requires putting in extra contrast.

I like the sweeping lines and crop in the third, and the wide view in the second.

I used Photomatix; the first two images were 5 pictures with 1 EV spacing. The third was 7 pictures with 1 EV spacing.

The last one, the last one, I really like the last one. Love the curves.

A few more from tonight

downtown9.jpg

downtown4.jpg

downtown5.jpg

downtown6.jpg

The first two are the best for me...Great work for starting out...Is the first hdr or multiple exposure?

daithi

The first two are the best for me...Great work for starting out...Is the first hdr or multiple exposure?

daithi

Thank you for the compliment. When you say the "first two" are you referring to the first set of photos or the second set of photos?

And since I'm not sure which "first" you're talking about I'll answer your question for both sets of photos.

First photo, first set: This one is HDR.

First photo, second set: Single shot, no editing except for cropping and resizing.
:D

The second on the second set is great. Try opening it in photoshop and going into ''filter'' than ''distort'' than ''lens correction'' you might be able to fix those curvy walls :)

I like first series of 3 the best, and had to look twice in the 2nd pic of the 2nd series I could tell if they were real shadows at first. Lol

The first two of the second set are the best for me. The second image of the second set is very cool - love the shadows....

daithi

Number 3 from each set are my favorites. The HDR stuff looks great - not too overdone.

Excellent!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back