Nightly visitor - for Bobly Bill

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Due to pressure from BoblyBill I now post a first image from my chilly Lapland adventures ;)

Here it comes, a visitor to my tent, after sunset. So it was very dark.
5188.jpg

This reindeer monster haunted me for hours and prevented my sleep. Apparently vegetation was much more tasty around and even inside my tent, than elsewhere. It kept grunting and chewing for ages, got as close as 20 cm with no fear. I was shouting, cursing, but it was not impressed at all.

ISO 3200, f/4, 1/10s, bit of neatimage

haha Nice!
Hope you had fun on the trip (Barring some unfortunate events mentioned elswhere)
and no - post more more more ::)

LOL... Thanks for posting! Looks you are off to a good start as far as the picture posting is concerned! I like it.

How cool an experience is that?! [Surprising that it wasn't frightened off by your yells.]

How cool an experience is that?! [Surprising that it wasn't frightened off by your yells.]

Well, this is not my first time, and that behaviour is typical. They avoid you and always keep a distance when you are out and walking, but once you are in your tent, they think you pose no threat at all.

This one kept stumbling over my tent ropes all night, that is quite a noise ;).

did you leave you flash behind? ;)
course that could have a bad side effect if he went the wrong way!

did you leave you flash behind? ;)
course that could have a bad side effect if he went the wrong way!

I did not have any flash with me. Usually you can survive well without in landscape photography.

And if I had a flash, I would not use it at animals at night, that is just cruel.

yah I was meaning as a more effective deterrant than noise = that is of course if you want the wildlife to move away - though not aiming it right at the eyes of course

yah I was meaning as a more effective deterrant than noise = that is of course if you want the wildlife to move away - though not aiming it right at the eyes of course

I was really killing my brain now before I realised that with noise you did not mean digital noise due to high ISO ;)

hahahahaha!
well they do say that deer are picky about their photos - reindeer most of all (its all the publicity they get round Christmas - only the best photos of them are allowed out!)

hahahahaha!
well they do say that deer are picky about their photos - reindeer most of all (its all the publicity they get round Christmas - only the best photos of them are allowed out!)

Uhm, so maybe I should withdraw my posts on here? ;)

Most reactions

Back