Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a night time shot I did.
It's a bit difficult for me to shoot at night be here's an attempt
Looking for some critiquing and just thoughts

Nikon D90
17-70mm 2.8

DSC_0089.png

Those power lines are might distracting. I might try to burn the light source in the upper left some.

If the car and walls were all I could see this would be a winner. The background is awefully distracting. How did you light the car? The light around it is pretty cool.

I like this shot a lot. Like IM46 said its nice and simple. But why do you say night shots are difficult? You did just fine here.

If the car and walls were all I could see this would be a winner. The background is awefully distracting. How did you light the car? The light around it is pretty cool.

I like the background. Its urban with a kind of underground feel to it.

I like this shot a lot. Like IM46 said its nice and simple. But why do you say night shots are difficult? You did just fine here.

Thank you, but I say it's difficult as it really is IMO
Night shots of such a reflective based object is a bit rough to capture
And I'm still new to shooting at night.

So, it's a bit difficult post processing wise, and shooting wise.
I think I pulled it off in this shot, but I still feel un sure about it, for which is why I turned here to the forum

Thanks for the input!

You answered it with your input

"the light around it.."

I lit around the car lol.
If you've ever shot reflective items, you know you're not photographing the object anymore, you're now photographing a refection
So I light "around" the car, and not just single point.
Single points give you hotspots that really doesn't look good IMO

Right, I got that but with what did you light it? Flashlights as in light painting?

Loss of detail in the front of of the car. May have been avoided with an extra speedlight on a trigger

Most reactions

Back