Nikon D200 HELP!!!!!!!

smalls

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I dont know where I should make this post so moderator feel free to move it to the right location.

Saturday I was using my D200 at a local car show when it freakied out on me. First it wouldnt focus, then i noticed the f stop was on f/0 (it would still take a pic but it was completely black) then battery indicator started flashing like the battery was dead. I turned the camera off and back on again. The battery indicator never flashed again but it did go to f/0 a few times. Ive never had this problem. The obly thing that Ive done differently since the last time I used it was changed the memory card to a 16GB. Could that be a problem? If not has anybody else ran into this before?

I own a D200. The focus issue can be becuase you moved the switch from S to M. Look for a small S-C-M focus switch near the left side of the camera beside the lens.

Try taking out the battery and making sure it is an original Nikon battery and that it is fully charged, this can also be the cause of some of the issues. I used a 16gb card in my D200 without issues, but go back to a smaller card and see if it resolves the issue or not.

You have one wierd D200... mine has been 100% since I bought it and it is a true work horse.

I have seen this as well on My D300, but it was caused by the lens, Have you tried a different one?

I have seen this as well on My D300, but it was caused by the lens, Have you tried a different one?

well it makes me feel some what better that someone else has had the problem. does this mean my lens is about to take a poop or is it just a freak thing?

Usually a faulty contact somewhere, and if you're lucky as people often are the contact is where the lens meets the barrel.

Grab a standard pencil and draw over the contacts on the back of the lens and inside the camera body's lens mount. Then rub it off with an eraser. Try not to get any bits of rubber in the body itself. That's a good way to clean electrical contacts.

nikkor 18-55mm, ive used it in the past and havent had any trouble with it. i used it last night and didnt hve any trouble. i did take the lens off and back on. maybe it was just a freak thing........

Most reactions

Back