Nikon Software questions

flyingPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have some funky questions on the nikon software, havent really used it as i cant figure it out much..

nikon transfer 2, ONLY detects RAW photos for some reason

View NX 2 has issues with missing "picture controls" on NEF files for some reason that make me unsure if i even get RAW photo image when i open one with it.

CaptureNX D only seems to see and open RAW NEF format.

IS it normal, or is it something on my end or should i get the newest photo editor from nikon?

Start by downloading the latest version of Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D.

Nikon Transfer 2 always downloads NEF's and JPEG's off the card providing you have selected to record both formats in the camera. You will see this icon(outlined in red) when there is a NEF and JPEG of the same file name. The NEF file name will always show when you have set both formats to be recorded. However if you have set in camera to only record JPEG, then that file extension will be shown.

nikon-transfer2.png

Check the Edit tab under Adjustments, you will see the Picture Control adjustments there.

For both Capture NX-D and View NX-i you can select if you want the files to be stacked or you can separate them into file extensions showing you both. When they are highlighted in yellow, both files are stacked together by file name and only one image is shown.

nikon-capture-onefile.png
nikon-view-onefile.png

When they are not highlighted, both the NEF and JPEG will be shown as separate images.

nikon-capture-twofiles.png
nikon-view-twofiles.png

capture NX-D version 1.6.4

using ViewNX-2 version 2.10.3 so it is the latest as well

still have much to learn

capture NX-D version 1.6.4

using ViewNX-2 version 2.10.3 so it is the latest as well

still have much to learn
Consider upgrading to the new NX Studio.

Most reactions

Back