Nine-0-Nine crash

Nwcid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbnokesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
An image and comment in another thread lead me to create this post. If there is a better area please feel free to move it.

For those that are unaware a B-17 crashed killing and injuring 14 people (known at the time of this post), 7 Dead After Vintage WWII B-17 Plane Crash, Fire at Bradley International Airport

This is just such an unimaginable loss in so many ways. After many years of wanting to fly in one of these amazing machines I had the opportunity to fly in this specific aircraft back in June of this year. I got some great images and video.

I am sure others here have some great images as well. Please take a minute to share 3-4 of your best images.

Nose position flying back into Yakima
DSC_0223.jpg

The pilots as we flew over Yakima
DSC_0222.jpg

Leaving Yakima headed for their next show,
DSC_7965.jpg

I saw the news on that earlier, very sad.

I saw this aircraft a few years ago at a small local airport. Sad to think it will fly no more and to think about the life lost.

That was a very sad day indeed. Your first image is wonderful.

That was a very sad day indeed. Your first image is wonderful.

Yes it is. While I do really enjoy the first, the second is much more powerful to me as these are the pilots that lost their lives in that crash.

Since this thread is still running, the FFA needs input regarding historic aircraft. If any of you have interests in this area please consider filling out the questionnaire and consider sharing it, An Important Message from the Collings Foundation

I personally would hate to lose what these foundations are doing. When they come to my area again I will be flying with them.

Yes, knowing that those are the two pilots that lost their lives does give that image a lot of impact. The first image with the seat being empty but the plane flying, really leads my mind to think about the different missions this aircraft flew during the war.

Yes, knowing that those are the two pilots that lost their lives does give that image a lot of impact. The first image with the seat being empty but the plane flying, really leads my mind to think about the different missions this aircraft flew during the war.

Yeah, being up in the bomber position was super amazing and does lead to a lot of thinking. I got some other great images during that flight that I will post up some time.

Most reactions

Back