Nokia Marketing shot *very very slim work warning*

Xmetal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine saw this shot that I took at College and said it looks like a marketing shot for Nokia, on the grounds of: "sex sells and everyone's buying".

txting_web.jpg

To be perfectly honest I was focusing on the hands holding the phone and only noticed the other half of the shot when I was downloading the shots from my camera. :lol:

Go ahead and praise it or tear it to shreads because I personally think it could be improved on. :)

First reaction: ohhh she has very nice boobies. hehehe
Second reaction: I wish the whole phone were in the shot - then it would really be an advertising shot. But the focus is too much on her hands.
I don't know if the lined paper (?) is helping the shot .. to me it's just like a lot of dead space. Maybe if you moved the camera a little to the right and down and tilted it up a bit more - maybe not high enough to show her face.

just my 2cents. But nice shot anyway.

pretty good depth of field since the hands & phone were the subject. it would have been better to have the whole phone as previously mentioned also.

the red lines on the paper are interesting because it leads my eye up to the hands & the phone.

Xmetal said:
To be perfectly honest I was focusing on the hands holding the phone ...
That was what I noticed too. To me, the photograph does not scream Nokia or boobs.

To me the nokia portion is quite prominent, it does look a bit like an advert, shame the model bites her nails though ;)

Woah, boob commercial. Oh wait, you're selling Nokia's? Heh heh, weird. Very nice, though; good view of everything. ^_~ Including the bitten nails... <_<;;

It nice. Get rid of the clevage and don't cut off the top of the phone and it's gold.

and maybe less yellow in the image? and focus on the phone.

love the DOF :) it does look like an ad. are you into commercial photography at all?

Scurra said:
To me the nokia portion is quite prominent, it does look a bit like an advert, shame the model bites her nails though ;)

I agree.

photong said:
It nice. Get rid of the clevage and don't cut off the top of the phone and it's gold.

and maybe less yellow in the image? and focus on the phone.

love the DOF :) it does look like an ad. are you into commercial photography at all?

I did try cropping it in PS but wasn't happy, I'm just a hobby shooter and do it for the 'love of the game'...so to speak. :)

Most reactions

Back