Northern Lights

John Hunt

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I was at Leech Lake in MN woke up early Thursday morning and the sky looked strange got up and found a nice showing of the northern lights. This was the first time I had seen them so I grabbed my camera to see if I could capture anything. I thought this one was nice.
Northern Lights over Leech Lake.jpg

Very pretty

focus looks a bit off, but it can be tricky sometimes focusing at night, and even harder sometimes during Aurora shows. Looks like a good show!

focus looks a bit off, but it can be tricky sometimes focusing at night, and even harder sometimes during Aurora shows. Looks like a good show!
It is no where near your standards but I was happy with it for a first try.

It is no where near your standards but I was happy with it for a first try.

looks pretty damn good for a first try! Like I said, it can be really tricky finding correct focus at night.

Love it john,Colors are beautiful.I don't no how you guys get theses shots,I look in the night skies and other then some twinkle stars and moon I didn't see this stuff ever.

Only seen them one time and it as eons ago..still marvel at them so your image brings back a nice moment in my memory.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back