NSFW my 1st political image

binga63

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend asked for my help which this image is the result .....my first political image.... Selfish Selfie
the lady isn't naked everything is covered, taped and painted over
my flickr stream will explain the concept...photoforum isn't my soapbox
please delete if not appropriate

Selfish Selfie by Chris Crossley, on Flickr

i like it. i don't get it. But i like it. the chains and stuff are kind of a turn on.

I also like it and I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with what statement it is making BUT it certainly is artistic and holds my attention.

There are a number of different interpretations that can be derived from this image. Quite interesting.

Colonizers justify all kinds of bad things in their ignorance. Just as the biosphere depends for its vitality on the diversity of species, human society is enriched by the multitude of different cultures and viewpoints. And when the remnants of the cultures are pushed to the margins, we really need to spend some money and time and caring to try to sustain those. Because their loss is our loss.

While the symbology in the image is somewhat crude (but to be expected of political theatre), what makes the image for me is the almost ghostly presence of the aboriginals behind the people, in the two panels. Fading away, barely visible, yet they are there. Remember us? We are the original inhabitants of this land. We know it. We live with it. We are still here.

Colonizers justify all kinds of bad things in their ignorance. Just as the biosphere depends for its vitality on the diversity of species, human society is enriched by the multitude of different cultures and viewpoints. And when the remnants of the cultures are pushed to the margins, we really need to spend some money and time and caring to try to sustain those. Because their loss is our loss.

While the symbology in the image is somewhat crude (but to be expected of political theatre), what makes the image for me is the almost ghostly presence of the aboriginals behind the people, in the two panels. Fading away, barely visible, yet they are there. Remember us? We are the original inhabitants of this land. We know it. We live with it. We are still here.
meh, all over my head.

Just wait until we get to Mars!

Brave New World

I really like everything about it!!! Glad you helped with the shoot! :)

Most reactions

Back