Occasional Patches of Lucidity

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Same fountain as the Gold Fish photo. Wondering if this could be a metaphorical selfie?
Image.jpg

Great title for this. An interesting anecdote about water surface photos: Ctein, the former frequent writer for The Online Photographer (he uses only one name, Ctein) wrote an article a few years back, discussing something he had found; specifically, how shooting many,many shots of flowing water, or water that is moving, or water that is having its surface rippled, can yield occasional, extraordinary photos over the course of many images. Apparently, as his photo examples showed, at times there are anomalous images that the camera can capture, and they happen VERY quickly, and we seldom see these with our eyes and our human perception.

Great title for this. An interesting anecdote about water surface photos: Ctein, the former frequent writer for The Online Photographer (he uses only one name, Ctein) wrote an article a few years back, discussing something he had found; specifically, how shooting many,many shots of flowing water, or water that is moving, or water that is having its surface rippled, can yield occasional, extraordinary photos over the course of many images. Apparently, as his photo examples showed, at times there are anomalous images that the camera can capture, and they happen VERY quickly, and we seldom see these with our eyes and our human perception.
It certainly surprised me when I saw what was on the screen.

I'll second that as an excellent title. I spent a few hours while waiting on the ferry on the island of Sanday one evening taking shots of the water ripples as the sun set which really caught my imagination. Never quite managed to capture it but hey ho.

I'll second that as an excellent title. I spent a few hours while waiting on the ferry on the island of Sanday one evening taking shots of the water ripples as the sun set which really caught my imagination. Never quite managed to capture it but hey ho.
Sometimes there is no substitute for luck! This shot was one where I didn't get the shot of the fish I was trying for!

Last edited:
Love it, dreamy quality to it.

Most reactions

Back