Official Event Photographer War Stories Thread

photogoddess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.trueblueintimates.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Over the last several years I've shot many weddings and other events. There have been times that I've been asked to do things very much out of the usual job description of "Wedding Photographer". And other times that things happened that I thought were limited to the people on America's Funniest Home Videos. So... my fellow wise chicks thought it might be fun to post our event "War Stories". I'll start. :mrgreen:

At nearly every wedding, I've ended up in the restroom with the bride helping her to hold her dress out of the toilet so she could pee, helped them get rid of the big boofy slips under their dresses so they weren't sweating to death, put baby powder on the their white satin shoes after they walked through the wet grass (works pretty well on dirt/grass stains on dresses too), arranged for the delivery of back up flowers when a florist didn't show up, put a cake back together after a candle they forgot to extinguish burned the top layer and helped more grooms, best men and groomsmen with their tuxes (vests and cuff links are the worst) than I care to think about. One wedding, I even helped one bride clean cake out of her hair and change clothes after her and her new hubby had thrown a third of the wedding cake at each other. This was especially funny since the groom was getting the better of his lovely cake covered bride. She turned to run but he was standing on her train so the entire back of her dress ripped leaving her pretty well exposed. :lol:

:lol: Oh yeah, I have had to coordinate things, pin on boutonnieres , tell the couple how to cut the cake, I have had to look up the minister in the phone book because he was late and nobody had his number, had to help repair a ripped bridesmaid dress, fix broken shoes, re pin hair after the bobby pins fell out and curls were out of place, fixed make up when the bride thinks she can see a blemish and then completely messed up a very well covered blemish (then had to edit it out later because the make up artist had already gone and we were not able to fix it all that great with what she had) I could go on and on :lol:

I have had to actually sew a dress because the bustle broke.........and that's saying A LOT becuase I totally DO NOT sew. Ha. My husband does all of my sewing for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back