Oh no, another D7000 owner!

Okie Photo©

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just picked mine up this afternoon! The wife said to wait till after Christmas, but the anticipation was killing me!

I picked it up around 2pm this afternoon, and truly have not been able to put it down since!!

Got the 18-105mm kit lens, and picked up a 55-300mm (returned the 55-200 I had just bought).

So far, the camera is living up to its hype, I am really enjoying shooting with it.

Just for fun, random shot! :lol:

IMG_0081copy.jpg

I hear ya. I've been using the D50 since I started this hobby in 2006. I still think it's a very good camera but some missing features started nagging me lately.

There might have been cheaper alternatives to get those features but I tried this one out in my favorite camera store while waiting for my turn in the "free sensor-cleaning" (clever idea) and it just felt so right. So a week later I finally gave in and got it together with the 35mm prime. And I can't say that I got disappointed. Will take a while to adopt to the changed controls but all in all it's much more pleasant to use it. And it's exciting to read the handbook and discover new cool features that were not prominently marketed (like the timelapse automatic).

I wish you a lot of fun with your camera :D.

Congrats on your purchase. :thumbup:

Congrats, cute pup too :)

I hope your 55-300 is better than the one I brought back today, what are your thoughts with it so far?

Congrats, cute pup too :)

I hope your 55-300 is better than the one I brought back today, what are your thoughts with it so far?

So far so good, the picture above is actually shot with that lens. Not the fastest glass ever, but it works for those 'reach out and touch somebody' situations! :lol:

Congrats! Check into the firmware upgrade that was release today.

Congrats! Check into the firmware upgrade that was release today.

Will do, thank you.

Noticed in your sig that you are running the 50mm f/1.8D AF, how do you like it? I am looking at a fast prime for my next lens investment, just can't decide on which one! :confused:

I am in a toss up between the 50mm, the 35mm f/1.8 AF-S DX, and the 85mm f/1.8 AF

Love the pic. My D5000 is on craigslist as of today (to fund a D7000). I logged in today to see what everyone is doing for an extended warranty. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Mick

I am interested in the D7000 because of more lens options. I am currently shooting a D700 and wondering how well the D7000 will do compared to the D700 on ISO. Shooting in low light situations where I need to crank up the ISO is very important for my job.

Congratulations on the D7000! I got mine for Christmas and I LOVE it!!! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back